Friday 22 May 2009

The first 5 days of 21.



The Cakes
It is ubelievable the ammount of stuff that has happened in the past week! Thursday morning came and I was stressing about the butter icing not having the right consitency, Andy was doing my nut it & refusing to let me cheat with Betty Crocker and I was about to drop everything to go out for yet another flat viewing.

I got my mother on the blower to consult her about the butter icing, I then proceeded to let out about all the other stresses including an unfinished ball dress, the 60 fairy cakes I still had to make, the general flat hunting issue and the fact that I had lost my purse & bank card which ofcourse wasnt helping matters.

So as u can imigine I wasnt having the best of days. That was until Andy and I actually found the flat of our dreams!! We went in (after viewing a few others), looked around, fell in love with it, said goodbye to the estate agent, then 2 hours later went back and put in an application!

Came home, proceeded to spend 5 hours making 60 fairy cakes plus icing and decorations. All the while keeping our fingers crossed that our application for the flat would be accepted.

The Flat






We soon herd back that the landlord had accepted our application (which surprised us as we are students applying for a non student flat)! We then managed to pass the credit check, and i then got the phone call on Tuesday morning saying that I could pick up the tennancy agreement! We get the keys on June 12th, and I couldn't be more excited!

The flat comprises of a lounge & kitchenette, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one ensuite)..........and..........a DISHWASHER!!!!

The master bedroom used to be the money room for the building when it used to be a factory and still has all the wooden pannel door fittings for the old safes! The ceilings are about 10ft high and did i mention it has a DISHWASHER!?
It's located in the new Cultural Quarter right next to the Curve Theatre. Snazzy or what!?



The Party
Friday arrived finally and like a headless chicken I continued to rush around, transporting all 60 fairy cakes to our venue (Firebug, Leicester). But I think it's safe to say it was all worth it in the end.

I'm so thankful to everyone who came, everyone made such an effort and looked fab all dressed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment