Emma's AMAZING Chilli Con Carne
(don't knock it till you've tried it)!
You will need:
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1/4 tin of Kidney Beans (drained)
- granulated sugar
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 142g tomato puree
- 1 beef stock cube
- ground black pepper
- celery salt
- garlic salt
- normal salt
- mixed herbs
- brown sauce
- tobasco sauce
- chili flakes
- 1 tbsp Chili Hot chocolate powder (can be bought from Whittards - alternatively just use normal hot chocolate powder)
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 x 25ml shot of Tequila
- Heat a little oil in the pan and add chopped onions, sprinkle a few tsp's of sugar over the onions to caramelise. Once soft, add the beef mince.
- Once the mince is browned all through add the chopped tomatoes. Dissolve stock cube in a mug of boiling water and add to the pan. Then add the 142g of tomato puree, a few "dolops" of brown sauce, mixed herbs, ground pepper, salts, chilli flakes & tabasco sauce. There is no specific amount for these ingredients, be creative!
- Chop the green pepper and add to the mix along with the kidney beans.
- Dissolve the hot chocolate powder and coffee in 1/2 mug of boiling water and add to the pan.
- Finally add the shot of Tequila and stir well. Bring to the boil for a few minutes, then leave to simmer while cooking your rice.
Depending on how well you recreate this you may need to add spoonful of cornflour (dissolved in a small amount of cold water) to thicken the sauce. On the other hand if the sauce is too thick, add water.
I would have added a photograph but I ate it to quickly :P